These days I find myself wishing I could pick up a phone and call those police. Actual noise laws have the following benefits:
- Stops the neighbors from singing offkey karaoke at 6am.
- May stop your host sister's 6am alarm from going off at 5am.
- Preventing surround sound weddings (4 simultaneously in a circle around your house).
- No more need to worry that walking past the speakers will burst your eardrums.
- Funeral music from three doors down will not make you want to rip your hair out.
- No more groups of drunk men banging on a drum and singing in chorus at 3 AM. (outside your house)
- The Wat outside will not be blasting dance music into your room until midnight on Monday and Tuesday nights (my bedtime is around 8pm).