Friday, July 15, 2011

My life in numbers.

Because everyone likes numbers:

36 hours it has rained in the last 3 days. I am not talking about drizzle. Full on monsoon rain.

16 number of mosquito bites I received last night at dinner. Dinner only lasts about 30 minutes.

31 more days until I celebrate my second birthday in Cambodia.

2 packets of instant noodles I had for dinner last night. My host mom cooked it for me as a nutritious meal with veggies.

15+/- 3 girls in my girls' health and leadership club

5 more days until I get to see NANDINI AND NGA in Thailand. EPIC.

.5 more days until Kurt bikes the 30 k to my site so that my host mom will cook us a more delicious than usual lunch.

4 episodes of Band of Brothers I intend to watch today

2 days spent trying to teach kids in my English class how to play pictionary like cut throat americans. Fail.

70 cents is the cost of GPRS internet on my iphone per day. Luckily, I get it free upgrade to 3G and perhaps not so legally tether it to my comp.

2 dogs that like to chase me every morning on my run.

1 set of sheets I haven't washed in a month because It's really hard to find a dry place around here.

1 time my host mom woke me up in the middle of the night (2am) because she was scared our (concrete) house would fall down due to hurricane like winds. She then made me evacuate to the small wooden shack in front of my (concrete) house.

8-10 hours is my average nights sleep.

3 nights is how long I can go with 6hrs of sleep a night before I collapse and become completely useless as a human being. Remember that time when I used to get up for crew/yoga, go to class, study, and then go party at night? Those days are clearly over.

1 year is about how long I've been here and potentially about how long I have left!

No comments:

Post a Comment