Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coincidences

I've always been a believer in fate. Throughout my relatively short life, I've experienced my fair share of unusual coincidences. That has not changed in Cambodia. Here are a few:

1. Alex Zenoff, a fellow PCV and graduate of John's Hopkins university, and I are mutual friends with Becca Cholas-Wood. A wonderful woman who I had the pleasure of meeting at Baylor College of Medicine during a summer internship. A person who I also spent some of my last weeks with in NY before I went to Cambodia.

2. The Harpswell Foundation. A group that gives scholarships to Cambodian women so that they can attend University. In addition to the scholarship, they provide room and board, transportation, and a leadership seminar series. They are partnered with Bowdoin College along with a few other northeastern schools. Their summer office is in Brunswick, Maine.

3. Taylor Noyes, another fellow PCV, went to Exeter. Therefore, she must know Bowdoin peeps that I also must know.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but the Harpswell Foundation one just blows my mind and I had to put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment